Certificates of Deposit
With terms ranging from three months to five years, you can relax knowing your money is growing.
- Minimum deposit $500 unless indicated otherwise
- You may request to have interest paid out at no fee
- Early withdrawal penalty
- Three months interest on terms of one year or less
- Six months interest on terms greater than one year
Invest in a child’s future with our Educational Certificate of Deposit.
- Minimum deposit of only $25
- Setup automatic transfers from your checking or savings account
- Withdraw funds anytime after the child’s 17th birthday without penalty
- Make an unlimited number of deposits into the account until the child’s 24th birthday or until the first distribution date
Investing in an FDIC insured Individual Retirement Account (IRA) with First Western Bank & Trust is a great way to help you save for the future.
We offer Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs:
This type of IRA account offers two big advantages or incentives to encourage people to save for retirement. First, Traditional IRA contributions may be tax deductible on the account holder’s tax return. Secondly, earnings on a Traditional IRA are not taxed until the IRA holder or beneficiary takes the money out. It is these accrued earnings, regular deposits, and the passage of time that combine to produce large account balances.
Unlike Traditional IRAs, ROTH contributions are not tax deductible. However, if you satisfy the requirements, qualified distributions (including earnings) are tax-free. Another advantage associated with Roth IRAs is that they are not subject to the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules found in Traditional IRAs. Contributions can also be made to your Roth IRA after you reach age 70½ .
Contact our knowledgeable experts today to find out which plan suits your investment needs.